Sunday, April 4, 2010

Communication is the key...TO EVERYTHING!

I had a really good weekend until 10:00 P.M. Sunday night. I went home on Friday and went to the movies with all my friends to see Why Did I get Married Too which was really good! Better than the first! Then on Saturday me and a few of my cousins went to an adult Easter Egg Hunt in Deming Park. There were over 8,00 eggs throughout the park that had candy and other prizes inside of the eggs. Out of the four of us, we managed to get eight eggs...and it was from the guys not me and Erica. Then Sunday I went to church with all of my family. I always enjoy Easter service because that is when the most visitors come and people come from out of town that used to live in Terre Haute. After my father preached, we took a lot of pictures and all talked about where we were eating and other plans for the week. Then I returned back to bloomington and noticed I came back before my roommate. About 30 minutes later she walks in with her teenage brother and tells me that he is staying with us the whole week AND her boyfriend will be coming at 6 A.M. Wednesday morning after she picks him up. This is the part that made me mad for lack of communication. In the movie Why did I get married, many of the couples were having problems and it was simply from lack of communication. Watching this movie and looking at my own situation, I realize how lack of communication can really affect your feelings. It wouldn't have been so bad if she told me her brother was coming but she didnt. Not only was that rude but very inconsiderate because now I am uncomfortable in my own room. I guess this is just one of the many things I will experience as an adult and a student in college. I just wish we all had better communication skills since we are in college

2 comments:

  1. I miss the Deming Park MASSIVE adult hunt! Best thing about Terre Haute!

    I appreciate how you have such an important theme in your blog. Are you going to tell your roommate how much situations like this bother you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.LOVE.EASTER EGG HUNTS. i say we have one in class and the person who finds the most gets an A on the final. ok thats what were doing.

    ReplyDelete